Park Rules and Reservation Information
- Reservation can be made up to 1 year in advance from the start of the reservation and must be paid for at the time of reservation.
- Reservations can be made for a maximum of 90 days in a 120-day period.
- Camping fees include pool use and boat ramp for registered guests only.
- Reservations may be canceled with a minimum of 48-hours notice and will incur a 10% processing fee.
- Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends require a 3-night minimum campsite rental (Friday-Sunday).
- Check-in time is 1 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Staying past the checkout time may result in additional fees.
|Site Designation||Type||Unit Allowed||Notes|
|Circles||Basic||Tents Only||No Towable Trailers|
|Squares||Electric Only||Tents/Pop-Ups||20 AMP Outlet|
|Stars||Water/Electric||Tents/Pop-Ups/RV's||20, 30 AMP Outlet*|
|300 Stars||Water/Electric Prime||Tents/Pop-Ups||20, 30, 50 AMP Outlet|
|Triangles||Full Hook-Up||Tents/Pop-Ups/RV's||20, 30, 50 AMP Outlet|
- Quiet time is 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Guests are allowed up to 2 vehicles (in addition to any camper/RV) per site if they fit on the site. A boat with a trailer counts as one vehicle.
- Unregistered guest(s) must leave the camping area by 10 p.m.
- The registered camper is responsible for the behavior of all persons occupying or visiting their site.
- Public display of alcohol is prohibited.
- Camping rates are per site per night and are for up to 6 people with a maximum of 4 adults.
- Using unregistered sites for parking, camping or expansion of your registered site is not allowed and may incur additional rental fees.
- Utility trailers cannot be used for sleeping accommodations.
- No one 18 years of age or younger will be permitted to reserve, pay for or occupy a campsite.
- The person who is registered must occupy the campsite.
- All trash must be disposed of in a dumpster; site trash pickup is not provided.
- Dumping raw sewage or gray water is prohibited.
- Cutting, damaging or removing trees and/or vegetation is prohibited.
- Open fires are permitted in designated areas, and must be completely extinguished when leaving the immediate area or prior to going to bed.
- Only the current registered guest can make a campfire on their campsite.
- Camping is permitted only on designated campsites and RV dry camping is not allowed.
- Additional vehicles must be parked in the boat trailer parking field across from the boat ramp.
- All registered users must display a vehicle pass on the front dashboard of their vehicle.
- No more than 2 camping units per sites allowed. Acceptable combinations include: 2 tents, 1 tent & 1 trailer, 1 tent and 1 pop-up. Not all sites can accommodate 2 camping units.
- Golf cart operators must possess a valid driver’s license.
- All-terrain vehicles and dirt bikes are prohibited in the park.
- Basic/primitive area for tents only, towable vehicles are not allowed on sites.
- All equipment, including boat rentals, must be back a half an hour before the store closes.
- Canoe and kayak renters must be 18 years or older.
- Children between the ages of 13-15 must be accompanied by a guardian aged 18 or older, but may paddle their own boat.
- Children ages 5-12 must be in the boat with a guardian.
- Children ages 4 and under are not allowed in the paddle craft.
- Life Vests are recommended for everyone, but are required for children 12 and under.
- Rental boats are not permitted in the James River.
- Renters are responsible for the replacement cost of any lost or damaged rental equipment.
- Boat rentals may be canceled/delayed under the following circumstances:
- Marine weather warnings.
- 30 minutes after the sounds of thunder or seeing lightning.
- No fishing from the boat ramp pier.
- Fishing licenses are not sold at the park store; please arrange to purchase your license before fishing at the park.
- Must have a fresh water fishing license.
- Boats may not tie up to the fishing pier or boat ramp docks for more than 15 minutes.
- Pool operating hours and fees will be available in late March.
- Any person violating any provision of the Public Facilities Rules and Regulations, or any park rule will be subject to fine(s) and /or immediate suspension from use of all James City County parks, facilities and programs.