- Volleyballs and basketballs are available for check out at no charge.
- Renters must be 18 or older, or have a guardian age 18 or older sign a waiver for rentals.
- Children 15 or younger must be accompanied by a guardian age 18 or older.
- Children 13 and older may paddle their own boat.
- Children 5-12 must be in a boat with a guardian age 18 or older.
- Children 4 and under may not be in a vessel whether there is a guardian or not.
- Boat rentals must be returned at least 30 minutes before the park store closes
- Boat renters must be the operator of the boat
- Rental boats are not permitted in the James River
- Renters are responsible for the replacement cost of any lost or damaged rental equipment
- Boat rentals will be suspended if there is thunder and/or lightning 30 minutes prior to rental period or when there is a small craft advisory
- View our full list of launch and rental fees
- Fishing is not permitted from the boat ramp pier or boat rental dock
- Must have a fresh water fishing license; fishing licenses are not sold in the Guest Services Office; licensing may be purchased online at Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
- Bank fishing is allowed adjacent to the fishing pier only, but not at canoe/kayak launch area
Boats may not be moored to any of the park’s piers or docks for more than 15 minutes.