Keep James City County Beautiful
James City County became an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful in 2017 to provide all citizens with the opportunity to engage in community-based projects related to litter prevention, recycling education and beautification of our corridors and common areas. There are many campaigns to support these initiatives, including:
- James City County Parks & Recreation Bottles in Blue Campaign
- Wildflower Beautification Campaign
- Recycle Rangers Campaign
- Zero Tolerance for Litter Policy (passed June 12, 2018)
- Monitoring of Illegal Dumpsites Campaign
- Reducing Straw Pollution Campaign
- Litter Hotline Campaign
General meetings are held quarterly during July, October, January and April. For more information about our campaigns or to learn more about how you can volunteer with James City County, contact the Keep James City County Beautiful Executive Director at 757-259-5375 or email@example.com.
- Our quarterly meeting will be held July 13, from 12-1 p.m., at Freedom Park Interpretive Center.
- A litter education event will be held July 14, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., at Jamestown Beach Event Park.
- Riverfest will be held on Sept. 29, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., at Jamestown Beach Event Park.
Help us grow! We are looking for citizens willing to get involved with litter prevention, recycling and beautification.
- Children's activities
- School recycling
- Small business mailers
- Internet research
- Website and social media
- Police collaboration
- Workshops and outreach
- Park and roadside cleanup
- Distributing posters
- Graphic design
- Data entry
There is no such thing as a little litter and even a small amount can have a large impact. Team Up 2 Clean Up operates on the belief that it is everyone’s collective responsibility to contribute to litter prevention and offers many tips, tools and resources to make educating and organizing events easier. In addition, the program website offer provides current and previous projects in the region as potential models. AskHRGreen.org gives advice that is “good to do” for all types of groups that want to get involved.