Water Main Replacement
White Oaks, Indigo Park, Jamestown Farms and Canterbury Hills Water Main Replacement
Scope of Work
As part JCSA’s renewal and replacement program, JCSA will be replacing approximately 22,000 feet of existing water mains. The project will also include the replacement and addition of fire hydrants and the replacement of JCSA owned water service lines. The project is being completed to replace aging infrastructure, provide increased service reliability and improve flow available for fire protection purposes in this area. The new water mains will be installed within the existing right-of-ways and easements. The project will be completed in phases to minimize impacts to residents.
- Schedule Map (PDF)
- Construction Activity June 2021: Water Main Installation along Ferncliff Drive
- Construction Activity September/October 2021:
- Water main installation to continue on Hermitage Rd., Stanley Dr. and Bridgewater Dr.
- Water service installation to begin on Ferncliff Dr., Hermitage Rd. and Surry Dr.
- When water services are installed, customers will experience a brief service disruption. Notification will be provided to each customer prior to scheduled service disruptions.
- Estimated Budget – $6,250,000
- Engineering Design and Permitting Contract (RK&K Engineers) – $456,163
- Construction Contract - Henry S. Branscome LLC - $5,204,819
- Michael Youshock, PE, Civil Engineer
- Phone: 757-259-5451
- Email: Michael.Youshock@jamescitycountyva.gov