- Financial & Management Services
- Bids & Requests For Proposals
Bids & Requests For Proposals
The James City County/ Purchasing Division seeks maximum competition in our solicitations. To ensure your company is made aware of quotes, bids and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) posted by the County, Service Authority (JCSA), Williamsburg-James City County Public School Division (WJCC), and Williamsburg Area Transit Authority *(WATA), a vendor should:
- Bookmark the James City County website page for Active Bids/Request for Proposals, and check back periodically to view the active listing, -or- sign up for the “Notify Me” feature on the website to receive notification via email/text when items of interest are added or updated. The website is: https://www.jamescitycountyva.gov/ It is the bidder’s responsibility to check the bid notices posted by the Purchasing Division, see below information.)
- Additionally, all active IFB’s, Requests For Proposals, Notice of Award notifications will continue to be posted on the County's website under Bids & Requests for Proposals.
- In addition to viewing the solicitation listing on the James City County website, and eVA, (the Commonwealth of Virginia purchasing portal), vendors are now directed to submit electronic responses to posted IFB’s, RFP’s by signing up and registering on Demand Star.
- To submit an electronic response to a published Invitation For Bid or Request For Proposals, interested vendors are to: Register with DemandStar by Onvia. The County uses DemandStar as our primary repository for acceptance of electronic bids and requests for proposals. When new items are posted, DemandStar will notify all prospective bidders based on the NIGP commodity code classification for each individual Invitation to Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP). *Please see attached information and easy registration form to set up your account and access to respond to solicitations.